• Develop and implement viable commercial strategic plan for the business.
• Champion and lead new territory and new product/ service development efforts of the
company, from innovation through to successful implementation across each business
function, to enable it to become a core part of the business.
• Understand the value drivers of the business and identify profitable commercial opportunities
to grow revenue and market share.
• Develop and implement the appropriate integrated marketing communication strategy to
achieve and maintain both company and products image, visibility and growth
• Develop and maintain an excellent understanding of the key customers/ target audience to
ensure that their needs are being met and that their business is retained.
• Work closely with the Sales team (including commission sales agents) to manage key
customers (existing and new), thereby improving turnover and profitability.
• Undertake market research, analysis and intelligence, review existing products, services,
markets and routes and produce business plans/ recommendations to ensure that all business
development opportunities (new products, services and markets) are optimised.
• Ensuring that regular reviews are carried out with customers, to ensure that their needs are
being met and that excellent customer service is achieved and, developing future
improvements/ services for the customers.
• Representing the company externally e.g. at networking events, conferences and exhibitions
to enhance and strengthen the company’s profile and optimise all business development
• Maintaining an awareness of external factors (including competitors, construction industry
developments, government business initiatives, current and proposed legislation in relation
to commercial activities) which impact the business. Communicating such information and
any subsequent changes, to the Managing Director (MD) and Senior Management Team.
Key Performance Indicators:
• Develop and implement a strategic commercial plan
• Achieve market share growth and route profitability
• Develop and maintain strong relationship with key industry players and customers
• Achieve good public image for the company and its products
• Develop and maintain sound and reliable Marketing Information System for the business
• MBA in Marketing or, equivalent Master’s Degree with a Professional Qualification in
• 5 years’ work experience in a similar position
• Sales & Marketing experience in the construction industry is an added advantage
Essential work Skills:
• Ability to conduct credit worthiness assessments of potential customers
• Good knowledge of accounts receivable and recovery procedures
• Possess a good understanding of Microsoft Office suite, Microsoft Office Project
• Experience of dealing with clients at all levels, including corporate entities & high net worth
• Ability to recognise potential risks to be escalated for immediate action
• All interested and qualified applicants should send application, together with CV to
Closing Date: On/ before January 14, 2018.
|Job Category||Professionals, Sales Workers|
|Job Location:||Greater Accra Region – Ghana|