• Monitor and control all HSE matters on all company sites related with project team members
and contractors to ensure compliance with requirements i.e. specification, safety code and
other policies/ guidelines related to the project.
• Responsible for the health, safety, environment, security & emergencies throughout the
organisation all year round by preparing and verifying all contract HSE requirements,
reviewing, checking and verifying engineering deliverables related to HSE aspects, managing
and controlling safe execution of tasks and activities by staff and contractors on site and
verifying that works and work procedure meet relevant HSE requirements and guidelines,
checking and monitoring activities on company sites to prevent and avoid negative
• Ensure that production and supplies are done in compliance with EPA HSE Management Plan,
HSE Management Procedure, Environmental Management Procedure, Potential Risk Register,
Potential Risk Mitigation Plan, HSE Audit Plan/Procedure and any other HSE related
documents in issue.
• Participate in HSE Risk Assessment and hold relevant meeting, workshop internally and with
relevant authorities, like the EPA and the factories inspectorate.
• Monitor and update the HSE risks register and ensure all mitigation plans are strictly adhered
to throughout the organisation.
• Enforce and audit activities to ensure it meets EPA criteria and other HSE guideline. Prepare
and manage required documents for review during internal/ external audit by the EPA
• Contribute to regular reviews HSEQ aspects of the employee handbook, ensuring compliance
with relevant regulations.
• Effective liaison between the company (based on reports from Lab Technicians) and
standards authorities and customers regarding product quality
Key Performance Indicators:
• Development and implementation of HSEQ policy and strategy
• Safe and incident free operations on all company sites at all times
• Completion of annual safety assessment reports and review of EMP for EPA permits
• BSc Degree in Chemical/ Civil Engineering, or other related disciplines
• Minimum 5 years’ experience of work in construction, real estate, Oil & Gas and in project
organisations in HSE related position i.e. Safety Officer
Essential work Skills
• Having experience to provide inputs in HSE related deliverables such as HSE Management
Plan, HSE Management Procedure, Environmental Management Procedure, Potential Risk
Register, Potential Risk Mitigation Plan, HSE Audit Plan/Procedure, etc.
• Having experience to review and participate in development of HSE management system.
• Having experience to prepare HSE training programme and conduct training as supervisor.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications i.e, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
• Working knowledge and experience of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) act (Act
490 of 1994) and Environmental Assessment Regulations 1999 (LI 1652).
• Sound judgement and the ability to maintain confidentiality
• All interested and qualified applicants should send application, together with CV to
Closing Date: On/ before January 14 , 2018.
|Job Category||Officials and Managers, Professionals, Service Workers|
|Job Location:||Greater Accra Region – Ghana|