Our client, a pharmaceuticals GMP manufacturer, wholesaler and retailer in Ghana, seeks to recruit a reliable, results oriented and competent professional for the role of … FACTORY ADMINISTRATOR
The Factory Administrator has overall responsibility for ensuring that the company’s manufacturing division runs smoothly by formulating and implementing sound policies and procedures in line with overall strategy. It is a mixed-basket of various functions with overall responsibility for Business Planning, Financial and Cost control, Health, Safety and general Risk Management, Human Resource Management, and Day-to-day Administration of the manufacturing division/ facility.
Business Planning, Cost Accounting, Risk/ Audit Compliance Management and General Administration;
- Oversee all business planning, finance and accounting functions including budgeting; treasury/ cash-flow management.
- Responsible for Cost control and cost efficiency, determining the cost of business products and services.
- Performing rate calculations for products and cost estimates, perform variance analysis and identifying reasons for variances.
- Analysing market trends, forecasting production figures, planning materials delivery and labour requirements to meet demands at all times.
- Understand and design cost structure and cost flow; manage inventory of raw materials, finished products, goods in transit, etc.
- Undertake product costing including calculating, reviewing and analysing machine and labour hours, overhead costs and allocations, production rates, raw material costs and manufacturing process changes.
- Develop and Implement sound transparent financial accounting systems, policies and procedures and ensure that the factory’s financial accounting procedures are audited annually.
- Identify, record and manage significant risks that might affect the operations of the factory including staff health, safety and environmental risks.
- Coordinate with Audit Manager on Policy and Strategic direction of Audit Department within the Manufacturing Division
- Liaise with Auditor at the Manufacturing Division to identify, assess and evaluate possible risks.
- Support and maintain accurate and complete records on Audit reports and findings
- Assist in compliance of company policies and procedures as recommended in previous audit reports.
- Assist in developing and performing on-going operational risk assessment routines including the identification of strengths and weaknesses of the internal control environment within the business lines.
- In collaboration with Audit, examine source documents to substantiate if current policies are in the best interest of organization.
- Implement development of process controls, KRI monitoring, trend analysis, and feedback to operational management.
- With assistance of Audit Manager, analyze operational and management processes and system controls’ effectiveness and efficiency in view to improve them and make recommendations for improvement.
- Assist in providing assurance that operations and processes conform to current policies and procedures of the organisation by coordinating with Audit Manager on internal and external audits of the Manufacturing Division and to ensure internal controls that impact operational efficiency are not compromised.
- Design and implement office policies, establish vendor registration, procurement standards and procedures for supplies, housekeeping, property, equipment, buildings and grounds maintenance (including fixtures and fittings), safety and environmental programs.
- Control correspondences, review and approve supply requisitions, etc
- Liaise with the Human Resource Department in applying the Labour Regulations/Act, maintaining all aspects of Human Resource Management systems, policies and procedures and staff handbook.
- Assist the HRM in handling recruitment of new staff, background verification, orientation and training.
- Coordinate with the HRM to effectively interface with the Workers’ Union, undertaking dispute resolution, collective bargaining and handling all employee relations issues
- Collaborate with HR Department in staff development and training, performance reviews and appraisals management
- Liaise with HRM to develop and implement remuneration policy in line with business strategy
- Ensuring employee engagement, change management and business process improvement in line with the organisation’s policies
- Ensure compliance with Health, Security Safety and Environmental Regulations (in accordance to FDA, EPA, etc) at the manufacturing plant.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Implementation of sound financial and cost accounting systems and procedures, cost controls, and reporting.
- Implementation of sound human resource management systems, speedy resolution of labour related disputes and all employee relations issues
- Day-to-day administration and coordination/ supervision of departments and Units under Manufacturing Division to ensure safe and incident free operations at all times
- A good Bachelor’s degree in any discipline (relevant for role)
- Master’s Degree/ MBA or a Project Management Certificate will be an advantage
- 5 years of relevant and demonstrable practical work experience
Essential work Skills:
- A team player with a flexible approach and a willingness to learn
- Ability to take strategic initiatives, formulate and implement policies and programs
- Strong leadership skills with ability to coordinate effective working relationships with diverse groups of workers.
- All interested and qualified applicants should send their application, together with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our careers page on www.oneeyeghana.com to apply.
Closing Date: On/ before April 21, 2019.
|Job Category||Officials and Managers, Professionals|
|Employment Type||Permanent/ Fulltime|
|Job Location||Accra/ Tema Metropolis - Ghana|