Our client, a manufacturer, wholesaler and retailer in Ghana, seeks to recruit a reliable, results oriented and competent professional to fill the position of … I.C.T. MANAGER
• Provide leadership, vision, and management to the ICT department by overseeing the revision of the ICT strategic plan on an annual basis ensuring its coherence with the overall strategic plan of the company
• Assist in recruiting, hiring, providing appropriate training for IT support staff, provide day-to-day supervision, conduct performance appraisals, and delegate work assignments for all IT personnel
• Research, propose, bid and purchase new computer and network hardware and software, plan network infrastructure to accommodate growth and changing organizational needs with regards to emerging technologies and their impact on operations.
• Develop or supervise the development of written documentation for software applications and procedures and, update all computer and network related policies.
• Responsible for regular maintenance programme and resolving failures in hardware and software and ensuring appropriate “housekeeping” tasks are implemented, while monitoring the use of hardware and software and ensuring all are licensed.
• Serve as primary contact with outside vendors in the generation of bids, contracts, agreements, and other major vendor interactions.
• Anticipate, plan, organize, control and evaluate IT/ electronic data resources and personnel needs of the organisation and in line with strategic plans
• Design and develop the organisation’s systems infrastructure, policies and procedures to ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
• Manage/ coordinate the implementation of the organisation’s IT policy, including selection and deployment of IT hardware and software and comply with law and best practices for electronic data operations
• Manage the organisation’s information technology and computer systems as well as IT staff by recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance
• Attend to user needs and system functionality by proactively identifying problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
• Maintain inventory of IT assets, implement disaster recovery and back-up procedures, Audit systems and assess their outcomes to ensure information security and integrity of control structures
• Make input into the organisation’s annual budget and handle the IT budget to ensure cost effectiveness
• Providing leadership to employees in ensuring awareness and compliance with the organisation’s approved IT policies and procedures.
Key Performance Indicators:
• Responsible and accountable for the smooth running of our computer systems within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs and timelines.
• Supervise the implementation and maintenance of the organisation’s computing needs.
• Development and implementation of IT policy and strategy
• BSc. Degree in Computer Science, MIS or similar field
• Management, knowledge of Nortel network hardware, client/server technology, Internet/intranets and expertise in data centre management and data governance
• Membership of a professional association is an advantage
• At least 6 years post certification working experience in a similar role
• Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
• Ability to manage personnel
Essential work Skills:
• A blend of relevant industry knowledge, excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/ software systems
• Strong belief in and commitment to the organisation’s mission with sound professional judgement and regard for maintaining confidentiality
• All interested and qualified applicants should send application, together with CV via the following link …
On/ before April 15, 2018.
|Job Category||Officials and Managers, Professionals, Service Workers, Technicians|
|Employment Type||Fulltime/ Permanent|
|Job Location||Accra-Tema Metropolis, Greater Accra Region – Ghana|